Friday, October 7, 2011

Post 5/100 When work goes to ....

I walk into the office this morning and I find out from my manager that couple of my loans have gone to shit. There are all these problems that I don't really want to handle. I guess I don't really like confrontation. I'm not scared of it, but I rather not tell someone that the money they invested into their home is actually down the toliet.

I am a loan officer. I have been for about a year. The thing that I can tell you about this job is that it makes you want to drink. Actually, we have many people who were or currently are alcoholics. What do I do? Good question. I get people a loan they are qualified for depending on their income, debt and credit scores. There are many pitfalls to this job. An underwriter can kill your loan becasue they don't like something about it. We complain, but most of the time she is a bitch and will offer the same reasons. Appraisers tell us the value of a home. They can kill the loan becasue the hosue doe not have enough value. We can complain if the value comes in short, but like I said if they are jerks they don't have to consider anything. Clients can kill your loan becasue they are too slow ie giving you documents and not telling you pertainant information or they do dumb stuff like buy a new car, quit their job etc,

Then you also have to deal with rates. Rates are like the stock market they go up and down all the time. You have to time it right. Many people will just lie to a person and offer something that is not there. I don't like to do that. My favorite quote someone used was,"Hope is not an investment strategy." Everyone thinks they know all about it. They try to tell me stuff they read off the internet. I ask them what they do for a living. Doctor, Lawyer, baker, software engineer. I don't tell you how to do your job or even act like I know what is going on except for lawyer because I see a lot of Law and Order.

Well, I have to make this call now.

But today is Friday and after a few hours I don't have to worry about work until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment