Friday, October 21, 2011

Post 19/100 Man-food Tour

Yesterday, I helped a friend move a couple of things. Another friend also came to help. My friend told us he would buy us dinner. We didn't know what to eat. We were driving around going to the Vortex, one of the best burger places in Atlanta. We passed a place called Woody's (which is a gay bar in Philly and had to go inside, but thats a story for another time). Woody's is known to have one of the best cheese steaks in Atlanta. My friend said he wanted to try it. We kept driving and he had an ingenious idea of a food tour. The food had to come out relatively fast and cheap. We were going to pick five places. Why five places? Because 5 just sounded like a good number.

Woody's: As soon as we get to the counter, I could tell the guy was from Philly. I said where he was from. He said South Philly. I told I was also from Philly. Then, I proceed to order a Cheese Steak, but I told him to cut it into 3. I think I lost what ever credibility I had. The cheese steak was Ok. The bread wasn't all that. On to the next one.


Leroy's Chicken- It is not Lee Roys, but La Roys like "the Roys" in French. Its outside eating only. I got to tell you, it is great. Top 5 on my list of fried chicken. It was really crispy on the outside, but not too much batter. Really hot on the inside. We had a leg each and biscuit. The biscuit was too thick for me (Yeah, Yeah thats what she said) and a little mealy. 




HD-1- It is a new hot dog place created by Top Chef Richard Blais. First thing I noticed was the door. Freaking huge. Yokozuna could fit easily thru that door. We ordered a Lobster Roll, East Bound and Down dog and a Pastrami Dog with Waffle Fries. First off, I gots to tell you that the Waffle Fries were awesome . They had a teriyaki kind of sauce on them. The Lobster roll was meh. There was no hot dog in the roll. Oh yeah the rolls were pretty good. All of them were toasted. Eastbound was BBQ with some pulled pork on it. It was awesome. Pastrami tasted like pastrami stuffed into some casing. You know what . It was delicious. Wash it all down with a Mexican Coke and it was all good.


OMG Taco- We went and thought it closed at 12. They changed the hours to 11. They had a cool counter. They made it look like a food truck.

Little 5 Pizza- Had to pick a 4th. It was ok. One of the guys ordered a Sicilian. It was not.
Vortex little 5- The anchor of our marathon. We were full by this time. We ordered the Elvis burger and fried Zucchinis. They put Peanut Butter and Fried Bananas on their burger. It was great. Great last place to go. Side Note: Great music. This one girl sitting behind us was spitting some of the rhymes to this song. I was really attracted to her after that.




We were "so full" (my friend loves saying this). Satisfied at our impromptu quest. This is one of the reasons I love being single, young and free.

1 comment: