Thursday, October 6, 2011

Post 4/100 Cultural Icons

I'm sure everyone knows that Steve Jobs died yesterday. Death of a Cultural icon. Yes, he was a genius but did he personally touch my life? No.

I don't understand why we get so riled up for the passing of these icons. I just think it is kind of childish. I love Amy Winehouse's music. It was sad to see her pass, but will I make a memorial for her. No.

All of those things seem very childish to me. I'm probably wrong and maybe I don't have a heart blah blah blah.

People did this person really affect my life. No. Its cool that computers are around, but I'm sure if he didn't do it somebody would have.

We make these people into our idols and they are just the same as all of us. It is sad that people die, but learn from them or appreciate what they have made and move on.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with how we do put people on a pedestal. The thing I did like Steve Jobs is that he did try to change the world the best he could through his computers and iWhatevers. Pretty quotable stuff from him too but we come and go and in the end, we're in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete