Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Post 24/100 Baseball

Since the World Series is happening, let me tell you why I love baseball.

I love the crack of the bat. When that ball hits that bat perfectly, it is awesome. You know right away that it is gone.

I love the anticipation of the at bats. Sure some people might say its slow, but you wait and it builds. Its kinda like a movie. If its a full count, two men on base. You wait with eagerness and excitement. Your heart starts pounding. Your antsy. Sweat starts to form with nervousness. Then the climax hits. Either a out or a hit. So exciting.

I love the unpredicatability of it. Suddenly a person can become a goat to a hero in two moments.

Plays  and moments that define careers. Jeter's jumping throw, Hamel's amazing world series, Schilling and the bloody sock, The Black Beard. Aaron Freaking Boone. The Idiots. The Rally Monkey,

I love the strategy. The lefty, righty matchup. Pinch runner. Moving your defenders in or out or over. Bull pen use. Using your pitchers on 3 days. Moving a runner over. Hit and runs. Pinch batters. All That stuff. I love it.

i love questioning the coach. Everybody has an opinion on why they didnt take a pitcher out. "Why?" is always the great question.

I hope people enjoy the Series. I pray the Phillies will make it next year. My heart still aches this season. Its like the 2002 Eagles all over again.

1 comment:

  1. The Phillies should have let the Braves win two of those last three games then the Phillies might have had a shot...woulda coulda shoulda...whatever. Braves disappoint again...but I'm going to always be a fan.

    ReplyDelete