Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Post 17/100 dumb and dumber

As a society, we are becoming dumber and dumber in some ways. It seems like we cannot remember anything anymore. A coworker of mine had his contacts wiped out. He said he couldn't even call his home phone. He had to call HR to get his number, but he still remembered his grandfathers number from 30 years ago. Pretty Ridiculous. I had at least ten numbers memorized before. I only have three numbers memorized. My credit card number, cell phone and mom cell. Yeah I know credit card number sounds weird.

I talked to a teacher the other day and she says that they do not teach the kids to memorize anything. Its all trying to figure things out. It sounds weird to me. Are we taking steps backwards with all of this technology? Is our ADHD society causing us to be dumber? Is our education system failing our future?

I don't know. I probably won't remember have the stuff I'm writing anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment