Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Post 34/100 Joe Fraizer

Smoking Joe Fraizer died last night. Even though he was not in my generation and didn't get to see him fight, I always loved him. My mom had a store. We would always pass by his gym. I would wonder who this guy was. One day, I asked one of the customers. They told me that the greatest fighter ever owned that gym. From that point on, I was a fan. First, he was from Philly. Second, he was a gritty hard nosed guy. I did my research. I saw a couple of his fights on tape and really admired him.

As I have gotten older, I did more research and saw more of his fights. I was more impressed every time I saw him. This was a guy who never back down. Always going forward. Never stepping back for anyone. The only way he knew how to fight was this way. Never backing up for a second. A True Philidelphian!!! RIP. May God Welcome you home.

No comments:

Post a Comment