Wednesday, November 23, 2011

44/100 Families

God has blessed me with different families. It is difficult being away from your real family. I'm close to my family and a lot of times I miss just being with them. Not just talking to them or seeing them, but physically being close to them. We don't have to say words, but just knowing they are there makes me feel good.

I have been blessed to have multiple families here in Atlanta. Church has become my friends and family. At times, I thought it was kinda pathetic that all my friends were from church. I realized that these people are some of the best people that I know. Why should I be ashamed of that? I should proclaim and praise God for placing awesome people in my life. This is going to be the 4th year that I will not be home for Thanksgiving. I will be celebrating with my church family. It is such a blessing to have people in my life to care about me. Even if they think I'm a shek. Even if they call me a shek all the time thats love.

The people at my work have become more and more my family also. Today we are doing a potluck. I am not only excited about food, but sharing life. Its awesome just sharing stories. We understand the difficulties of the job. The stress and pressure of this job. Although, many people have come and gone. We grow strong. There are some quality people here and I am blessed to have them around me.

1 comment:

  1. :) but just for the record you're not a shek ALL the time... heehee.

    ReplyDelete