Saturday, February 18, 2012

Things I learned this weekend 2/12

Fear of God- There was this thing at church. I was asked to pray for people. So I did. There was this one kid who came and he asked if I could pray for him. He was trembling the whole time. I felt the Lord there. The next day we talked about God at Sunday school. We were talking about us not fearing the Lord anymore. Then again some time during the day we were talking about trembling. I am currently reading the old testament, numbers to be exact. God continuously talks about killing someone if they do the wrong procedure. I then knew that I dont take God seriously enough sometimes. I dont think that He will strike me down but He will. We need to treat God with reverence and respect. Fear is a good thing.

The man that I dont want to become- I am not really sure what I want to be but I know what kind of man that I dont want to become. I met a man at this wedding last week. He was actually a friend of my father. I knew some of his history because people talk. He was a guy that left his family with a woman. He did that on two separate occasions. I cannot really understand these people. How can you leave apart of you? How can you leave your children? How can you just leave? Thats the person I dont want to be. The guy that runs because shit gets too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment