Monday, February 20, 2012

Facebook Effect

The one thing I hate about our social media need it now society is the facebook or twitter effect. Knowing something about somebody and starting off the conversation there. Kind of kills conversation these days. Before you wanted to talk to somebody to get to know things, but now its like ask somebody about an event instead of letting conversation flow or saying what they wanted to say. You might not under stand what I am saying. Let me give you an example.

Before Facebook:

Guy: Hey, haven't seen you in a while. What have you been up to?
Girl: Yeah its been a long time. We have so much to catch up on. I've gotten a promotion and to celebrate we went out to  restaurant to celebrate ........

Now:

Guy: Hey haven't seen you in a while. I heard you got a new promotion. How was (Random restaurant)
Girl: Yeah haven't seen you in a while. Its great meeting you again. Yeah I got a new promotion (girl is thinking: this is kinda creepy that this guy knows this about my life). The job is awesome. That restaurant was pretty good. ( Girl is thinking:Oh shit this guy is creepy as hell. I only met him twice and he know where I ate yesterday. I think I should stop writing stuff on facebook. I am about to tweet about this.)

Social media has made us more socially retarded. All of us are stalkers. We can't talk to people anymore in more than 180 characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment