Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sports

I was watching basketball yesterday and was embarassed for the sport. I was embarassed for us as a nation.

I love basketball. I love love love basketball. But yesterday got me so angry. The refs call foul on everything. I don't think its the refs fault at all, because I am sure the league offices tell them to call the games like that. What has sports become? In the NFL, you cant hit the QB anymore. You get fined for everything.In baseball, a catcher Buster Posey broke his leg blocking the plate. His agent wanted the rules to change so you have no contact.  Has every sport become like soccer?

We are Americans. We are suppose to be tough. America is Clint Eastwood, the Marboro Man, Michael Jordan, Run DMC, James Dean etc. Tough MotherF***ers. Instead we have become a nation of Justin Biebers, and Zac Effrons. A bunch of sensitive bitches.

So please athletes, stop crying if you didnt get a call by the ref. Because sports is looking more and more gay by the day.

Update* A hockey player bit another player. He did not get suspended or fined. Hockey players and the NHL are still hardcore.

1 comment: