Saturday, June 11, 2011

Desiring God

This morning, I woke up early, 650. I slept at 1:50. I am a person who is not a early riser. I wake up at 8 every morning. But this morning is a different morning. I woke up and hungered for God in the literal sense. I wasn't hungry for food or anything, but I wanted God. I desired God. My heart ached for Jesus.

I remembered that my church has a prayer meeting on Saturday mornings. So, I get into the car and drive on over there. I start driving and the emotion of just pain and sorrow come all over me. I feel a wave of God's love just covering me. Blanketing me from I guess the worries of this world.

I had a terribly bad week this week. Work has been terrible and I pretty much felt useless this week. I felt like maybe God was punishing me or abandoned me.

Prayer meeting was great. It wasn't great because the leader was awesome or there were a lot people there (3 of us). I felt God in my heart. I felt this passion and desire I haven't felt in a long time.  I felt God. At first, I wondered if I was going to die today. Is God preparing me to come home?  Maybe he is, but I feel God comforting and motivating me to live, to love as he loves. I pray that God will continue to give me this passion and this desire. I pray that I may glorify God in my words and actions.

I read this passage this morning and I think it kinda summarizes what I have been trying to say. This is how I felt:

 Psalm 92

[1]   It is good to give thanks to the LORD,
         to sing praises to your name, O Most High;
[2]   to declare your steadfast love in the morning,
         and your faithfulness by night,
[3]   to the music of the lute and the harp,
         to the melody of the lyre.
[4]   For you, O LORD, have made me glad by your work;
         at the works of your hands I sing for joy.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment:

  1. OMG...

    I'm so sorry that I didn't read this before our dinner tonight... Can I like this by a million?!?!?!

    Praise Jesus!!!!! <3

    Can I adopt you as my younger brother??

    ReplyDelete