Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sports teams

Superbowl is this week, so I decided to write about sports.

This girl goes (in a bitchy tone too), "I don't understand why guys like the teams that suck. Why can't they  just like the teams that are good." I held in my anger, because I felt like slapping her and sending her to God a little quicker. I calmly said, "Would you want your husband to leave you after you had a couple of babies and your body is not as good as it use to?" Loyalty is a big deal. When I see a band wagon fan (a guy who jumps to good team to good team), I judge his character.  I know hes not a stand up guy. Sticking with a team and suffering through the lows is the key....maybe to life. Sure it would be easy to go to some other team, but when your team finally wins after years and years and years of mediocrity it is soooooooooo sweet. Its like the nectar of the gods.  

Another thing should be: dont be a fan of another team other than your home team. I hate the guy who has the Cowboys as their favorite football team, Braves as their baseball team and Bulls as their favorite basketball team. Basically it says that you liked them when they were good when you were young. So from your childhood you were a little bastard who couldn't take the suffering and had to latch on to these teams to make yourself feel better. You should be better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment