Sunday, February 6, 2011

Walk Away

I think Im a degenerate. Not really. I can control myself, but I remember gambling when I was young. My mom told me one day that I was in my cafeteria in 3rd grade playing cards. We were gambling on people's lunches. Then when I was 13 or 14 we started to gamble a lot at church playing a game called "Acey-Deucey" (the devils game fosho). The game is pretty high stakes. We would play and people would owe others a lot of money. My one friend owed the other a thousand dollars at 13. From that point on, I have always liked to gamble.

I played Superbowl Bingo today. I lost but it made the superbowl that much more exciting. It seemed like i was having the most fun out of all the people.  I also won a bet with a friend of mine. Its like that. Sometimes you have the good days and sometimes you have the bad.

Gambling tests your guts and how far you are willing to go to do something. You need the guts to go back and be willing to fail again.

My life sometimes feels like a gamble. I take chances at jobs and opportunities. Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose, but you know what. Its exciting. Paul Newman said in the Sting, "Money is better won than earned." I totally agree.

Thank God I know when to stop, because there are many people who don't know how to walk away. In a card game or in life, you have to know when to walk away. Many times we don't know how to walk away from relationships that hurt us. Yeah, maybe you lost some chips but you didn't lose all of them. Walk away.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this song... liked the football player dancing... hahha

    ReplyDelete