Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Family Affair

My family came down to visit me this weekend. It was kind of a last minute thing. My uncle and cousin , who is like a brother to me, fly to Philly and decided to drive down with my mom and grandmom. Its a 12 hr drive. My uncle gave the rationale of "meh... what are we gonna do in Philly"( he lived there before).

Thinking about family, its just amazing. The fact is that you can choose your friends, but you cant choose your family. You cant really get rid of them either. Even if you hate them, they will always be a part of you. Even looking in the mirror will remind you of at least somebody there. We can fall away from our friends and break up with our spouses, but we will never get rid of our family. Many times we treat our family members like shit, but you know what its ok. They will always be our family.

My family is a little crazy..........Yeah and thats all I have to say on that.

One of my fondest moments of family was three years ago during the week of Christmas and New Years. My twin uncles, cousin, mom, grandmom and I were altogether for the first time in like 10 years. We just hung out with each other. Yes we did get into a fight and yes we did have arguments. But it was also one of the best times in my life. Family makes you want to kill yourself and also makes feel blessed to have people you love so much.

Family Potrait
Top: Older Uncle, Me, Younger Uncle(they are twins) and Mom
Bottom: Grandmom and Cousin


No comments:

Post a Comment