Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Happiness Factor

I watched this video the other day. It made me think about our state of happiness in this world. 

Here is a little blurb about this video:

Statistician Nic Marks asks why we measure a nation's success by its productivity -- instead of by the happiness and well-being of its people. He introduces the Happy Planet Index, which tracks national well-being against resource use (because a happy life doesn't have to cost the earth). Which countries rank highest in the HPI? You might be surprised.




There is a song, "Satisfied Mind", that says Money cant satisfy you alone'. We see many people who have had millions of dollars self-destruct. This video about what can we measure progress in our society. It is not just money that makes life better. So what makes life worth while? How should we measure our lives? I mean as a Christian, I would say to bring glory to God. Marks is talking about happiness and love, but God is love and happiness. This talk reminds me of my  walk with God and how can I give more. I think God made us to give. When we give or share, we do feel happier.

I am lazy and selfish. There are so many opportunities to give, I just make excuses. So, I guess I need to make more of an effort to give. Giving helps us connect, be active and take notice of our society.

I also want to move to Costa Rica now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment