Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

My mother was a single mom since I was four. I am always grateful to her for the sacrifices that she had to make. Her family is an academic famiy. She had a chance to be a professor at a college in Korea when my father left me. But she chose to stay in America and work at Dunkin Donuts. She chose me instead of a career or even a better life. She could have left me with my grandparents but she chose to stay. I will always be thankful for that.

 She always felt bad that she didn't give me the life that I deserved and thought that she could have given me a lot more when I was growing up. I always thought she did a great job but she always felt guilty. The greatest thing she gave me was love. She was always affectionate, encouraging and nurturing


She still is one of my best friends. Shes loves hearing my voice. Gets excited hearing from me. Always loving me more than I loved her.

  When I was young maybe around 5 or 6, I wanted a happy meal from Mcdonalds. I asked her to get me one, but she said that we were too poor and we couldn't afford it. So, we just passed it by. About an year later, my mom made more money. We stopped by Mcdonalds and she bought me a happy meal. Ater that day, we stopped by every day ffor almost a week. I was sick of it and asked my mom why we kept going there. She said that she felt so bad that one day she couldn't buy the happy meal that she felt like she owed it too me.

 My mother is always thinking about others. I have never met someone so selfless and dont think I ever will. Always giving to her family. She changed careers from being a store owner to a computer programmer to registered nurse.An amazing woman. A single woman with a kid, doing great things.


I gave this song to her as a Mother's Day Present when this song first came out. She put it on replay for months. It was the single by the way. Not the full album.

3 comments:

  1. great post! love it! yeah mrs. park!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww Dan... you're mom is awesome and she did an incredible job raising you. so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete