Thursday, May 24, 2012

Church

I've always loved the church. Growing up, I went to a smaller church maybe of a hundred or so congregation. We had a small kids group. They were like brothers and sisters to me. Some of my fondest memories were at church. We just didn't do church stuff. We did some bad things too. Drugs, gambling and all the otehr things that usually you wouldn't associate with church.

My friend asked me why I spend so much time at church. I told him its because I love it. They are my second family. You don't always like all of the members of your family, but you still love the memebers. I feel that way with church. Church is more than a place of just worship to God, but church should be one body. We love and support each other. When someone is hurting we comfort each other. When we don't like our church, we shouldn't just leave but instead try to change it.

People love to dwell on the negative sides of church. "I like God, but hate organized religion" many people say. They say church goers are hypocrites. But when you look into your own liffe aren't you a hypocrite. Aren't we all just sinners, who need God. But God says that we need the body also and the body needs us. We are not loners in the world with our own beliefs. We are suppose to be a community. I feel like thats what we are lacking in society today. People like being in their own space. They like not having to talk to people. I use to be like that too. I said to myself that they can see one side of me but not the other. I realized later on that was the wrong thinking. Or I say I don't want people in my life. I have enough friends. I was wrong. When we have community, we are held accountable. We have people who love us and are able to rebuke us because we are wrong so so so many times in our lives.

I will finish my thought on this someday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment