Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Five minute Friend

In sales there is a thing called making a five minute friend. Basically while you are with the person, you become their friend just in that first five minutes of meeting them. You get them to tell you things. For some reason too, its always easier to tell dark or crazy stuff about your self to strangers. Then you sell them what you have. The better you are at that the better sales man you will be.

I'm in Philly right now. The thing I loved about the Northeast is people will talk to you. Especially in the supermarket or any kind of line. For example, today I was in line at barnes and nobles coffee section. The line was super long and only one person was working. We started chit chatting in line about the amount of stress the girl must feel trying to get stuff done as quickly as possible. We started talking about tv shows and then where they lived. I think that is one of the things I really miss about this area. Interaction with strangers. Making a five minute friend.

2 comments:

  1. You could start a new trend in the South... this is something I am horrible at except for the occasional blue moon moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five minute friend...interesting. Yeah, lots of us just want to play on our phones. I think they've made us more socially incompetent.

    ReplyDelete