Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things in between

What I love about life is that we are constantly learning. This weekend I learned the space between your genitail and anus is called the perineum. Slang terms its the grundle or gooch.

It got me to thinking about the things between all of us relationally. The obvious is always the sex thing. Billy Crystal said, " Man and women cannot just be friends because of the sexual tension." (that is not an exact quote). I always found that true. We could be friends like lets eat dinner and stuff, but not everyday talking on the phone or meeting up all the time. We can't be close friends. I know there are exceptions, but I think this is a general statement.

The other relationship that has intrigued me is the heirarchy at work. We really can't have be friends with our boss. We always have the separation of "damn, this guy pays me therefore he kind of owns my life." Its a good separation. Bosses shouldn't be like Michael Scott from The Office. I see one of my bosses at work. He is nice and friendly, but he has the aire of distinction. Personally, I would never want to be friends unless we were equals. Plus he seems like a dick sometime.

Can we ever get past those things in between us? Should we try? Do I even know what the hell I am talking about? Probably not.

One of my favorite songs

No comments:

Post a Comment