Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hide behind the E

We have become a nonconfrontational society. It is taboo to confront someone especially in public. We have become a society where men are not men anymore. Men have become a shadow of what we use to be. We have become people who are afraid to say no to someone.

The computer has placed a big part in this. The computer is great for most things like looking up an address, seeing who that guy was in that movie, stalking a girl and etc. It has made us scared and we are not able to express our emotions in public as well as we use to.

E-mail has hurt us. It has made people more cowardly. I got an Email one time from this guy saying he didnt appreciate what I did to him. I apologized, but I had to ask, "Why couldn't you just tell me in person?" With our friends especially, we should be able to express our feelings in person. We should have a bond that is deeper than Facebook Chat.

It has made me more timid. I feel like I shouldn't tell a person this because it might hurt their feelings. Should we live that way....Probably not.... We have to live boldly and not be afraid of confrontation. Many times it will hash things out and make us stronger people.

Real talk: Maybe we should just have some intestinal fortitude. Another word: Grow some balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment