Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Shut the FACE!!!

Yesterday, we had a meeting at work to go over somethings. This guy lets call him Jimmy. Well Jimmy is a who does have experience and is good at our job. Hes not the best, but certainly not the worst. He is also a pretty good guy. Heres the problem. He just will not shut the hell up.

This guy in our meetings, where we have no where to run or hide, will keep talking. The managers do interupt him, but he has advice to give us everyday. At one point your like, "Shut the Fuck up!" (sorry for the vulgar language, but I feel its appropiate)

I got kind into it with this guy yesterday in the meeting. He says something and I was like no your wrong. The manager takes the approach of "well your both right". After about five minutes, Jimmy tries to defend his point he said earlier. He asks me a question. I say "Are you asking me?" He nods. I basically told him, "I dont want to get into an argument. Let's keep this short"(in a condescending way, people laughed and I made him look stupid. By that time, it was already an hour into the meeting.) He was quiet the rest of the meeting.
This morning a co-worker asked me "Is it just me or do you feel like shooting yourself everytime Jimmy talks?"

Shutting the face is hard for all of us. Many times we go a little too long. We need maybe a shot clock sometimes or  the wrap it up box.......

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! i love dave chapelle!
    those guys are the worst, especially when they catch you en route to the bathroom.
    i like the new lay out of the blog!

    ReplyDelete