Thursday, June 14, 2012

June 1st


June first has always been an important day for me. It is the day I left my mother's house and lived out on my own. I went to a new city. I didn't know anyone and said that I will try to make it on my own. So I called my mom and told her this. Her reaction was what did you do with your time so far. I just drove around the whole day and thought what I did these last four years. A bunch of jobs that haven't really helped me figure what I want to do, no dating relationship currently and it seems like a whole lot of nothing at least on the surface.

There is one thing that has happened. I changed. I'm not sure when it happened. Maybe its been a culmination of the last four years, but when I talk to people who knew me in the past they said I have changed. Changed for the better. My mom mentioned it the last time I saw her. I guess when your parent says something like that it weighs the most. It seems like most of the time they are disappointed in you,  but for them to say that you changed for the better. She said I was more responsible and a couple of other nice things. I gave her the "WTF" look. I was kind of shocked she would tell me that.

So I guess the last four years have been great for my own personal development. Hopefully in the next couple of years, I can look back and say that much more has changed for the better.

2 comments:

  1. Do you still consider yourself a weird Korean Man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think in my age I became a regular Korean man. Sadness!

    ReplyDelete