Thursday, August 4, 2011

What I've learned 26

So it was my birthday last week. I've stated in the past that life is wasted if you don't learn anything. Ive learned little things. I learned how to make risotto. I learned some words. Ive learned some things about the world. The two things that stick out to me the most:

Expectations- I would get mad at people if they did not fulfill my expectations. It is kinda weird if you think about it. Sometimes I think that people should know the social norms. Thinking about that today, I shouldn't really get mad at those things. We all come from different backgrounds. It is pretty unreasonable for me to think that one person should act a way I think they should act. Thats a ME problem for sure. I should just take people as they.

Nothing is impossible with God: I always knew this thing. I always thought about this. I don't think I really believed it though. Through out this year God has been proving that to me over and over again. Ill give you an example. My grandmother has been suffering from a bladder problem for at least six years. She had cancer in her utereus years ago. In Korea, I dont think they had the best cancer treatment back in the day. So basically she would have her bladder not empty out fully. She had to put a catherter in all the time. Carry it like a hand bag. Someone prayed ove her and she was healed. Ive never seen something like this. You hear of these kind of things but you never really see these things. She has been healed for about 2 months now. Amazing

Hopefully I will learn much more and be molded into a better person in my 27th year.

1 comment:

  1. Dan!! I heart this side of you! Humility has an amazing way of revealing truth about ourselves and others... (i.e., expectation). I struggled with this one too... expectation and entitlement... definitely strongholds that God has freed me from!!

    Praise God for the healing of your grandmother! That is so awesome for real and it makes me excited to see what else will God do in this next year and especially when you get the chance to go to Tunisia!! Praying for a spectacular year for you DP!!

    ReplyDelete