Sunday, November 21, 2010

Detox

DR. Dre has done almost everything in Hip-hop. He has affected three generations as a producer, record executive and artist. He was one of the founding members of NWA. The guys who put gangsta rap on the map. He then starts his own label the infamous Death Row. Finds guys like Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, Warren G and the legendary Tupac. He then leaves that label to start Aftermath. People laughed and questioned his decison for leaving Death Row. He starts Aftermath and basically doesn't get a star artist for a long time. He finally finds this skinny white kid named Eminem, who becomes the biggest rap star ever. 

He also releases Chronic 2001. One of my favorite albums of all time. Besides the skits (I hate skits), I loved almost every track. I listened to it again a couple of months ago and it was so fresh. It felt like I was back in 1999 listening to it on the bus. The best part of Dre's beats are the keyboard. I love when the keyboard is hitting and its just music that you can vibe too.

I have been waiting for his new album Detox for 4 years. The first time I heard he was coming out with a new album, I was so hype. For years, it was rumored that he was working on Detox. A song with Jay-z was leaked and it was terrible. Dre said it wasnt complete....I was angry. Finally, he drops his new single "Kush". You know what? I freaking love it. I first played it in my car the other day and it was like magic. The bass just hit me and then when the piano hits.......MY GOODNESS! This is my new favorite song, listen to it and love it.



Some videos that are awesome.
Blake Griffin one of the baddest men on the Planet!!!

Enoch Chang's "like a G6" is awesome. Makes me want to dance, biting my lip like a white man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ime2ZnaRVbc&feature=autoshare

1 comment:

  1. why is my video not embeded in your post? :(

    btw, this post has a bunch of my favorite things rolled in one: rap, blake griffin, my video :)

    ReplyDelete