Monday, August 23, 2010

Risk Taker??!!!??

A friend said something to me the other day that stuck in my head. He said ,"Dan Park, your a risk taker." I thought about that statement this weekend and said yeah I am a risk taker. But upon further introspection, I think I was a risk taker. Am I still the same guy???

At the age of 19, my friend and I decided to start a business. We had an idea and ambition, but didnt really know what we were doing. We got the business started, and had a store front. We were actually in business a couple of years. Eventually, things fell apart. I risked money and time at that point. 

After college, I decided to come to the ATL. I didnt know anybody here and just had a job. I was uncertain what I was gonna do. Yeah I had a job, but not much else. I decided to come here basically on a whim. Got on craigslist and found a place. Didnt know my roommates were gonna be crazy and another risk. Thinking about it, I could have at least been robbed or shot. Im from Philly though and I am use to that. 

The past two years while I have been in Atlanta. I feel that I havent really taken too many risks. I wonder why???Is it because I am getting old  and more cautious or Is it because I dont have the opportunity. I dont want to walk through life. I want to run. I may fall, but I'll get back up and keep taking risks. Let the risky business begin!!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment