Tuesday, December 9, 2014

eeeyyyaaaahhhh moments

In 2004 Howard Dean (a candidate for the democratic nomination) when on this infamous tirade, He just finished third in the Iowa Caucaus. The next day people kept playing this video. I heard it and I was like this man is nuts. "No way am I going to vote for him." as I muttered in my head. America agreed with me. He pulled out of the election in February. John Kerry won the democratic nomination and eventually lost to George W Bush for Bush's second term.

My friend and I were talking about this infamous moment because its still used in pop culture. The moment will live on in history as the eeeeyyyyaaahhhh moment (I think Im the only one who calls it that most people are just like "remember when that guy went nuts and started yelling state names and screamed at the end") . Dave Chapelle made a skit about it. I thought about that moment for a little bit. What if he never yelled? History could have been changed forever. Think about it.,,,,, Maybe Dean wins the nomination and beats Bush. It could mean that Katrina was never as messed up as it was. No Kanye saying that Bush hates black people. No 2008 recession. No Obama becoming President. No Osama Bin Laden Dying.

I know everything I just said was a big leap. BIG LEAP. But sometimes there are little things that can change history or your life, Life is just a series of moments. Most of life is just banal or boring. But the moments change your life. Small little eeeeyyyyaahhhh moments. Moments you probably dont even remember unless you really sit down and are like yeah that was a big moment. I remember sitting with this guy in my small group. I dont even remember his name. But I was making a choice between moving to Houston or Atlanta. After I talked to him, I knew it was Atlanta. I remember exactly what he told me. "Dan, Houston sucks" Those three words changed my entire life. That was my EEEEEYYYYYAAAAHHHHHH,




No comments:

Post a Comment