Wednesday, January 22, 2014

12 year slave

Last Sunday, my pastor was preaching and he started to talk about the chains we use to have. By chains he meant sin. So, I was saved at 12 years old. I accepted Jesus (or He accepted me and probably he accepted me). Now you can raise a question and ask "Well Dan what kind of chains can you get at 12 years old?"

Well you can get a lot.

The biggest chain I had was probably anger. Don't get me wrong, I was always a happy kid. But I had this inner rage. A deep seeded anger. I hated people. Plotted revenge in my head. Did not like people. I thought people were against me. There was no mercy, no grace in my heart. I was just anger. Although I looked happy on the outside, I never had any joy.

Getting Jesus changed it all. The anger was gone. I still had some chains like insecurity, lust, distrust in people and etc. But God was slowly taking all of those chains off.

So on Sunday when my pastor said "remember your chains ". I looked back at my old life and it broke me down. I remembered that anger I had. and I see where I am now. The Spirit filled my heart and all I could do is praise the Lord. PRAISE GOD FOR BREAKING MY CHAINS. I pray that I will always remember those chains. I will remember that angry kid and have more grace towards people.I pray I will remember those chains and not be afraid of the ones that I am still bound too.  I pray that I will remember those chains and have hope for tomorrow. I pray I remember those chains and Praise God on a daily Basis.

God Thank you for Freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment