Thursday, September 13, 2012

Little Wins

Ok mark this down as a DanParkism. "you need a little win everyday because life is gonna suck one day and you have to draw strength on those little wins to survive the big loss." BTW I sound like an asshole by calling it a DanParkism. So sorry. I think over the past years I have been living with this mantra. It started with the Ramen challenge (Refer to  ). Everyday I try to do something that I count as a little win. It could be working out, getting a smile from a stranger, meeting a new person, finding something out about myself or just learning something new. Example: I've been studying Spanish. I went somewhere and recognized the Spanish phrase. I said "Self, you are learning a lot amigo." Win for the day.I call myself "self" sometimes. So try to get a win everyday and maybe write it down. Have a win bank and when that day comes and you need to take solace in something look at those times.

Songs of the day:
Bye Baby- Nas
I really love this song because he just lays everything on the carpet. His divorce was public and he tells the details of what happened. He is not afraid to get intimate with the audience, unlike many of the other rappers. Favorite part is:

And all I seen was selfish cowards, under they breath
Saying why did Nas trust her
But look at yourself, speak louder bro
You live with your babymoms and scared to make an honest woman out of her
And make her your bride, fake pimps you ain’t even alive
At least I can say I tried plus enjoyed the ride

Plus we got our little boy, my little joy and pride
He got my nose, my grill, your colour, your eyes
Next go round I hope I pick the truest type and watch me do it all again
It’s a beautiful life, aight


He enjoyed it and will do it again for the sake of love. Nas the street poet.

1 comment:

  1. http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n470/budbrownies/bootycupflip.gif

    ReplyDelete